What is Myanmar Tourist Express visa? Who must apply for it?
Getting a visa has become easier than ever before. The immigration department of Myanmar grants visa to express travelers within 3 Working Days. You can apply for it if you have forgotten to issue a visa or have some emergency work in Myanmar. It is granted to you if you wish to travel to Myanmar within 3 days.
Types of Express Visa that you can apply for
Types of visas that you can apply for depending upon your requirements.
- Tourist Visa: The Tourist Express Visa is granted to you for 28 days. You can issue 3 Working Days prior to your flight schedule.
Myanmar Visa Processing Time
The processing times for E-Visa are as follows
Tourist Express E-Visa Processing (Process within 3 Working Days)- the Myanmar immigration department grants EXPRESS Visa in 3 Working Days from the day you apply. Fill in the form and select the Express visa option in the processing time to get this visa.
Normal E-Visa Processing (Process within 7 working days)- the normal processing of the visa happens in 7 working days. You will receive your e-visa by the end of 7 working days or more in this process. Fill in the form and select the Normal visa option in the processing time to get this visa. Apply for a normal visa if your flight is in 7 days or more.
- The Myanmar Business E-Visa does not have express process, Business E-Visa this is applicable to you if you are going to Myanmar for any business-related work. In this case, you need to provide the company’s invitation letter if it is applicable. The business e-visa is valid for 70 days.
- The Business visa will be issued from 9 am to 4:30 pm every Monday to Friday except lunchtime and public holidays according to Myanmar’s time zone, that is GMT +6:30. If you apply for it after the working time, it will be accepted, processed and finished the next day.
Get your express e-visa in easy steps
- Step 1: Fill in the application form with correct details. Recheck all the details.
- Step 2: Pay the processing fee. This depends on the type of visa you are trying to issue.
- Step 3: Receive the approval within a few hours.
- Step 3: According to the type of express e-visa you have applied for, you will receive an email with your visa details. Print it and if you wish, keep extra photocopies of it.
- Step 4: Carry the e-visa to Myanmar and get it stamped at the immigration once you reach the international airports or border checkpoints.
Do I need a Tourist E-Visa if I am in transit through Myanmar?
If you do not intend to leave the transit lounge at the airport, you need not apply for the tourist e-visa of Myanmar. However, if your stay is for a longer period, say 8 hours or 12 hours, you can visit the nearby locations and have the treat of viewing the beauty. However, for that, you will have to apply for the visa.